© 2012 -
JOY Goat Development Programme focuses mainly on dairy goats.
• Goats are easy to care for and feed even on little land.
• Goats provide milk for home consumption.
• Sale of milk and offspring improves income.
• When introduced properly they protect the environment by promoting .
• The areas where we are most active are Greater and ; including one large for the rest of the programme and to other projects.
• Elsewhere in Uganda we work with a wide variety of partner organisations, from local farmers’ groups to international NGOs. ()
JOY Goat Development Programme is run by , with personnel seconded by , Uxbridge, UK.
It is based in , Uganda and has developed from the goat farm operated by (was JOY Children’s Centre).
The Programme is primarily supported by donations from individuals.
• Male goats are distributed for breeding with local goats.
Many have been by groups and individuals.
• Training is provided on goat care.
• The bucks are moved between villages to avoid in-
• Training is provided on record keeping
• are formed for a .