© 2012 -
in Northern Uganda, although not as badly hit as Gulu, has been disrupted
by years of raids by the LRA rebels. This has meant that long-
is active in Lira town and the surrounding area. Along with other NGOs it is a potential partner for the goat work in the area.
• The potential partners are well organised and committed.
• There is a shortage of milk in the area because there is little livestock as a result of the war.
• The war in Northern Uganda appears to be over, and so the goats should be secure
• Goats milk is still very , so take-
• The area is flat, and so the environmental conservation element of the programme will not get the boost that it would in areas .
• Although there is a lot of enthusiasm for the dairy goats from the project, the surrounding community still need to be mobilised.