© 2012 -
We welcome applications from potential partners who would like to bring this dairy goat programme into their area. Acceptance will depend on a range of factors, but the three most important are:
• The project must assist all community members regardless of creed or ethnicity. (below...)
• The project must have a size and geographic structure consistent with our requirements. (below...)
• The partner must commit themselves to their responsibilities. (below...)
• The partner must be committed to the use of goats, with a strong emphasis on and .
In the case of community-
In the first instance please use the to let us know of your interest, and if you qualify, we will let you know how to make a more formal application.
We welcome applications from churches and other faith-
This programme is only sustainable in the long-
The partner organisation must have a mechanism for following the progress of the project on a routine basis, and be prepared to report on that progress. It must also take responsibility for ensuring the quality of the .
In return JOY Goat Development undertake to:
• Ensure the quality of male goats supplied.
• Give initial training to each group.
• Advise on , and where appropriate, arrange for new bucks to be brought in.
• Conduct periodic refresher training for farmers.
• If appropriate conduct short on-
• Coordinate record keeping between local projects and the national .