© 2012 -
Our first contact with was when the Lutheran World Federation bought some goats from JOY Youth Training Centre on behalf of the Karamoja Agropastoral Development Programme (KADP). The goats were well received by the local community, but KADP have now closed their agricultural programme.
We have placed bucks with the Women’s Environmental Conservation Project (WECOP) on Mount Moroto and also with Christian Restoration Ministry in Lorengecora.
In Feb 2012 we established cooperation with They are distributing
up to 1,500 local does to needy families, along with 40 cross-
• Karamoja is one of the areas in Uganda where .
• The KADP project has alread demonstrated that even low-
• The concept of a buck station already exists around Moroto town.
• Other possible partners have expressed an interest
• Although calm at the moment the area is prone to inter-
• The area is far from the Programme centre in Masaka, and therefore time-
• The harsh conditions and high disease challenge may mean that a lower grade of
goat is needed that the -
• The good-