© 2012 -
The Kyoto dairy goat project in Kabale began in April 2009 when the JOY Goat Development Programme donated 8 bucks and 2 does to the Anglican Parish of Kyoto. had been identified as one of the most promising areas for dairy goats, and this Parish was chosen as the partner organisation because of its reputation for commitment and responsibility in development issues.
• in many parts of , including the project area Kyoto.
• Dairy goats have already been popularised in neighbouring areas by .
• The mountainous terrain means that erosion control is needed, which .
• The Anglican Church is a secure partner with a long-
• Communication is difficult because of poor telephone network cover and poor road access.
• As yet, no training has been carried out on .
• The breeding plans of the other organisations working in the area are significantly different from ours, which can lead to farmers becoming confused in the border area between the projects.